Oil heaters with intermediate heating agent PNPT-0.3 (Zh), PNPT-0.63 (Zh), PNPT-1.6 (Zh), PNPT-3.87 (Zh) are designed for heating oil and oil emulsion during transportation and processing. Climatic performance - "U(moderate)" and "HL(cold)"
Operation principle, components
Oil heaters consist of the following main parts:
· Heating block;
· The fuel treatment block;
· Control and safety system.
In the operating position the maintanence platform is attached to the heater.
The process of oil heating:
· Oil from the production network through the valve enters the heater coil, is heated with the intermediate heating agent (water, antifreeze "40" or "65") and comes out from the heater;
· Fuel is burned in the heater furnace, giving heat to the intermediate heating agent;
· Cooled combustion products are removed from the heater furnace into the atmosphere through a chimney.
The heating block is designed to transfer heat from combustion products to the heated product.
Features of oil heaters
The coil and the furnace are equipped with slings, installed along rollers in the vessel of the heating unit, the combustion chamber and the coil are freely rolled out which makes the PNPT heaters maximally accessible for inspection and maintenance.
Possible to supply the heater with various control systems.
The PNPT oil heater is normally completed with the BUK-5PUR automatic control system, as per special order - with SA-PNG.M-I on the basis of the Direct Logic DL-05 controller.
Control systems provide the ability to exchange information with the upper control level and remote control using various industrial protocols (MODBUS RTU, etc.), RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces which makes it easy to integrate the heater into the process control system.
Nominal capacity, kW (gcal / h)
Performance range (δt, 65 ... 20 °C)
Estimated efficiency factor, %
Pressure inside the coil, MPa:
- working pressure, max
- test hydralic pressure
Pressure drop in the coil, MPa, max
Temperature, ° C:
- at the inlet to the heater, min
- of product heating
- design of coil wall
- of heating the intermediate heating agent, not more than
- the average of coldest five-day period, not less than
- absolute minimum air, not lower than
Intermediate heating agent
Heated fluid - oil, oil emulsion,
formation water, gas with content, mole%, max:
Natural or associated gas,
Liquid fuel (oil, mazut, diesel fuel)
Fuel gas characteristics:
- hydrogen sulphide content, wt %, max
pressure at the inlet to the fuel preparation unit, MPa, within
- nominal value at the burner, MPa
- consumption, m/h, max
Fuel oil characteristics:
- density, kg/m3, max
- viscosity, cSt
- hydrogen sulphide H2S, mole %, max 2
- carbon dioxide CO2, mole %, max 2
- operating temperature, °C, max
- inlet pressure at the heater, MPa, within
- pressure before burner, MPa, max
- fuel oil consumption, kg/h, within
Overall dimensions (length x width x height), m, max
Mass of heater without heating agent, kg, max
- average life before overhaul, years
- average service life, years